We know that planning a conference or event can be daunting. There are a million details to consider. We can help. As experts in our field, we enjoy empowering our clients to plan a smooth, successful conference or event.
The Summer Conference Planner’s Checklist provided here will guide you through the details of planning your conference.
Give us a call. We will help you think through your needs and handle the details for you.
Summer Conference Planner’s Checklist
Conference Arrival Date: __________
Check off each item below as they are completed:
12+ Months in Advance
- Determine a practical budget for the type of conference you would like to plan.
- Set preferred and optional conference dates.
- Realistically determine how many participants you anticipate and how many will need housing. Keep in mind, overestimating these numbers could become very costly.
- Determine the number of meeting rooms and what sizes you will need. Include all breakouts and catered functions.
- Submit your inquiry to Conference Services.
6-12 Months in Advance
- Provide all appropriate billing and contact information.
- Schedule a site visit with your coordinator.
- Review our Terms & Conditions.
- Submit deposit payment 2 weeks after deposit invoice received.
- Submit Signed Contract 2 weeks after contract received.
3-6 Months in Advance
- Provide copy of conference marketing materials to your coordinator.
2-3 Months in Advance
- Discuss preliminary food and beverage needs with your coordinator.
- Provide preliminary program schedule.
- Send correspondence to your guests, speakers and staff about any parking needs they may have.
- Send correspondence to your guests, speakers and staff about any dietary restrictions they may have. Please communicate this information to your coordinator.
- Start thinking about the Audio and Visual equipment you'll need. Include the needs of any guest speakers and/or exhibitors at your event.
30 Days in Advance
- Catering/Special Meal requests and menus are due.
- Provide finalized meeting space setup needs, including diagrams.
- Communicate all parking needs to your coordinator.
- Request Ethernet access in guest sleeping rooms and/or meeting rooms.
- Submit all Audio/Visual requests (unless you are bringing your own equipment).
- Determine a date for the Pre-Conference briefing with your coordinator. This briefing will occur after the Housing/Rooming Lists have been submitted, but before the group move-in date.
- Submit a Certificate of Insurance to your coordinator.
- Confirm housing check-in and check-out times and locations with your coordinator.
2 Weeks in Advance
- Submit your Housing and Rooming Lists.
- Final accommodations pre-payment due. Prepayment charges are based on the number of people on the Housing List, or 80% of your final contracted number of people (whichever is greater) multiplied by the accommodations package rates, less the deposit.
- Include Early Arrivals and/or Late Departures on your Housing and Rooming Lists.
- Provide final list of commuting guests that will need Commuter meal cards. This number can increase, based on availability, but it cannot decrease.
- Provide accurate count of Single-Use guest meal cards for the duration of your conference. Please consider how many meals you will be providing for each of your non-resident guests.
- Provide your coordinator with a final conference itinerary.
- Submit all Cal Catering Express orders to your coordinator.
4 Days in Advance
- Limited Additions and Deletions to the Housing List can be made 3 days prior to move in. To avoid No Show charges, all cancellations must be communicated to your coordinator.
Conference Departure Date: ___________
*Full Payment of the conference account is due approximately 3 weeks after you receive your final bill.